The rules apply to both guests and to volunteers; they are designed to help us provide a welcoming, comfortable and safe environment while preserving individual dignity.
Any violation of these rules may result in a termination of your participation in the GCHH program, whether as a volunteer or as a guest. Please direct any questions to GCHH staff.
- No smoking, vaping, or tobacco use in the shelter or shelter provided vehicles.
Supervised tobacco use/vaping breaks will be provided on an hourly basis following check-in from 8:30-10:30p.m. and from 6:30a.m.-8:30a.m. These breaks will be provided at the bottom of the hour on an hourly basis. Guests must utilize the smoking shelter during this time. Overnight volunteers are asked to refrain from going outside for smoking breaks after 10:30 p.m. Guests should also keep their voices down in consideration of neighbors while out on these breaks. Guests must follow State and Federal laws related tobacco use and vaping.
No alcoholic beverages are permitted in the shelter or on the premises.
- No drugs (legal or illegal) or illegal substances are permitted in the shelter or on the premises.
- No weapons of any kind are permitted in the shelter, including guns, knives, throwing stars, or anything else staff determines can be used as a weapon..
- No abusive/profane language or disruptive behaviors are permitted in the shelter.
- Sexual harassment or sexual activity will not be tolerated. Sex Offenders are prohibited from the premises.