Three volunteers are required for this shift. Shift times are from 1:00 P.M. - 5:30 p.m.
The day-shelter is a shared space
with the Restoration 58:12 Church Fellowship Hall
Enter through the Office Entrance on the south side of the building
After arriving, sign in and make yourself a name tag – first name only.
● Assist in welcoming guests as they arrive at the day shelter space.
● Please socialize and visit with the guests. Assist them in filling out job and housing applications, preparing resumes and reaching out to
other local community resources. Card games, board games and conversation with the guests are strongly encouraged.
● Remember that GCHH Managers are your resource people for questions and concerns. Please do not hesitate to call them for
clarification and support. Their contact information will be provided to volunteers.
● Guests will be asked to leave the day shelter space at 5:30 p.m.
● Check-in begins at 6:00 p.m. at the main shelter entrance.
● After close, volunteers are responsible for cleaning and organizing the Day Shelter as well as completing a thorough inspection of the
bathrooms, kitchen (if used).
● Guests may not congregate outside during this time, but they are free to come and go from the premises as they desire. They may also
step outside to the smoking shelter and promptly come back once they are finished.
● You may be asked to oversee a particular task or space at the day shelter.
o Monitor the kitchen
o Assist in the supervision/oversight of children
o Additional tasks as requested by GCHH staff