Two volunteers are required for this shift. The shift is from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. Morning Volunteer Hosts must stay until all guests leave and the shelter is cleaned.
After arriving, sign in and make yourself a name tag – first name only.
● Put out juice, coffee and lite breakfast items (i.e., fruit, muffins, donuts, pastries, etc.).
● Wake the guests at 7:30 am unless there is a specific request to wake someone earlier. Keep in mind that youth guests will have school and bussing schedules that we need to accommodate.
● Supervised Tobacco/Vaping Breaks: An GCHH manager or designee must accompany guests on the supervised outdoor tobacco
use/vaping breaks. These take place once an hour on the half-hour from 6:30 until 8:30 a.m. Guests must utilize the smoking shelter
during this time. Guests should also keep their voices down in consideration of neighbors while out on these breaks.
● Designate a volunteer host to return necessary to provide guests access to their medications before they leave the shelter for the day.
They may choose to take their medications with them.
● Any personal belongings left at the shelter must be placed in the tote or their locker.
● By 8:30 am, begin cleaning the sleeping areas, bathrooms, and kitchen/dining areas, using gloves and designated cleaning agents.
● Make sure all food is stored away.
● Check toilet paper and hand towel supplies and replace if necessary.
● Lock all doors.
● Guests must leave the shelter and premises at 9:00 a.m.